.
Faith will make you able to please the LORD each day
Hope will help your heart to know that GOD will make a way
Love will be the greatest gift, for love will see you through
In everything you do, I will always pray these gifts for you
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 3, 2006

Pregnant and Alone in Austin, Texas

September 3rd 2006, here am I congratulating myself to officially survived 25 days living alone and pregnant in Austin, Texas. Amaze at myself that I handled it pretty well. While I believe by learning things to prepare for my little precious one to come into my life could make me be a better mom, it also gave me activities that makes my days went 'snappy.'

Classes that I took so far:

  • Adult, Child, Infant CPR & First Aid in American Red Cross, Austin, Texas (8 hrs) So technically I am a certified CPR and First Aid person.
  • Lamaze classes (12.5 hours) This class supposedly guide you to not take any pain medication (if you are up to it) and make labor experience as natural as it can be, but unfortunately, the videos that they showed us makes me more scared about the pain in the labor – though the instructor told a bunch of stuff how to ease the pain.
  • Breast-feeding class (2.5 hours) Learned a lot in this class!!! Hope I can do it on my baby soon (not only with the baby doll that they loan us for the duration of the class)
  • Labor classes (10.5 hours) Done by my doctor’s office and I like the instructor a lot. She help me answers a lot of my questions.
    Free classes at Baby’s R Us – “Car seat Safety,” “How to be patient as a parent,” “Music and your child,” “Sign Language for your Toddler.”

I thank GOD for the extremely good health and healthy pregnancy so far. By next week, I will be officially 37 weeks pregnant and could have been said to be in a full term pregnancy, which mean….that I could give birth next week and the baby will not be considered to be premature. BUTT…. I do hope that won’t be happening too soon because my mom and a Chinese lady that is going help me after the labor will only be here on the 16th of September.

Among everything else, I am very happy to know that Paul’s company is having a holiday from the 5th – 11th of October and he will be visiting me at that time (of course keeping the “old” plan to come here on the 11th of November too…)…. !!! Yeyyy….. I was so happy; especially when by that time I will be seeing Paul for the 1st time in 2 months – can you imagine?? T W O monthssss!!!! I thought this was impossible to do…but well, I think we will go through it just fine.

I Love you and can’t wait to see you here soon, Paul!!!! :)

No comments: