.
Faith will make you able to please the LORD each day
Hope will help your heart to know that GOD will make a way
Love will be the greatest gift, for love will see you through
In everything you do, I will always pray these gifts for you
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Berries World of Learning School

I decided to try out Berries school last Tuesday. It’s quite well-known for their Chinese program.

The reason for me trying out this class is that, first, I would just like to know their program and the method of their teaching.

Second, as Berries is a one-and-a-half-hour drop-off class program, I thought it would be a great idea for Caden to start slowly in his independence at school with only once a week by himself in a class structure.

My goal is I hope when I decided to send him to an everyday drop-off class (weather it will be this year or next year), there will be so significant tears on him.

Last Tuesday, I was in the class for 50 minutes. I tried to just sit a few feet away from him and see how it goes. When I saw that he looks quite alright, I decided to step off the class by telling him that I was going to the restroom (but never come back until the class ends in 40 minutes). ^_^

And he was fine!!! Superb!!!

I asked him 3 times if he likes the Lao Zhi and if he wants to come back again every week and he said YES! So I paid his class for the rest of the term that day.

Today, I was planning to stay in the class for 15 minutes or so, but when we arrived, I thought I saw him that he was ready to be drop-off from start. So I let him in the class by himself.

I waited about 15 minutes outside the class, peeking through the small window again and again to check if he was alright. I believed the receptionist must thought that I was a very worried mother who had a very ready child to be drop-off. Hehe…..

Then after I thought he was okay, I went out from the school. Then, I was confused on what should I do. I wasn’t planning to be outside the class today. I thought Caden would still need me. [Oh well, maybe he is really a big boy afterall…. *a little tears…*]

This is still new for me. Him being inside the class by himself, without me knowing what he will be learning in the class today. I wonder if he would fight in the class, if he will be sharing his things with his friends, if he will pay attention to the teacher, etc.

*Sigh*

But this is part of growing up. I should let him go for a little bit. Let him explore this world with social knowledge from home that we have thought him again and again everyday.

I am sure he will go through it just fine. I am sure God will watch over him and lead him all the way.
.
PS: Caden came out from class after one-and-a-half-hour alone in the class looking very happy and excited. He was blubbering so fast as he was trying to tell me the whole story of the class to me. ^_^
.
--------------
By the way, I really like the class structure. Berries emphasizes a lot more on the characters of the words while Julia Gabriel is not. I think both classes are complementing each other.

1 comment:

astrid said...

Claud, iya gw juga sering denger kaloe Berries bgs program nya. Tlng tanyain donk claud, di jkt ada ga cabangnya. Gw coba2 trs telpon nomer yg ada di web, tp ga masuk2. Thks ya!