.
Faith will make you able to please the LORD each day
Hope will help your heart to know that GOD will make a way
Love will be the greatest gift, for love will see you through
In everything you do, I will always pray these gifts for you
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 5, 2009

First Experience: Popcorn Chicken


We dropped by at the Zoo today and as usual, we stopped at KFC to get a mash potato for Caden. Today, I decided to get a popcorn chicken for myself.

Turned out, Caden said he wanted some, I gave him one and he BITE it! Wow… Soon, he asked for the whole box.

I don’t care…I just gave him everything. It’s so good to see him trying new things and willing to bite something that actually seems hard for him to bite/chew. This shows that if Caden wants it, he can bite, chew then shallow the (what he consider) ‘super-hard’ food (bread, chicken, beef, veggies, etc).

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want my kid to eat fast food all the time. Caden has a very healthy eating habit. But when I see him trying new things and biting new food, I tend to give it to him whatever the food is, in limited quantity. But this doesn’t mean that Caden would get his popcorn chicken every day or even every week…

Look how messy he ate. He only bite once or twice on every popcorn chicken, and then he left it aside. It’s the same when he tried to eat French Fries. I am still trying to teach him the correct way to eat, that is, he has to finish the whole thing.
Then, I will another problem, I will have stop him from eating that many fast food. Hehe...

No comments: