.
Faith will make you able to please the LORD each day
Hope will help your heart to know that GOD will make a way
Love will be the greatest gift, for love will see you through
In everything you do, I will always pray these gifts for you
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My Name is Ben-10 Caden!

Somewhere, somehow, he picked up this character that I don’t want him to know now. Ben-10 is everything to him now. Everyday he has to wear Ben-10 t-shirt, watch and shoes or else we would be having a difficult time chasing him to change his clothes.

This attachment to this character is unbelievable. He liked Bob-The-Builder, Thomas, and Diego before, but nothing like this one.

A few times he talked in his sleep about Ben-10. He cried when we arrived at music school without his Ben-10 watch -- maybe he feel ‘lost’ without it.

When his Ben-10 t-shirt was not dried yet, he insisted that he will be topless until it had dried. *sigh*

I don’t let him watch the series yet. I don’t even let him have the books for now. Although I know he would be very happy, I decided not to bring him to the Ben-10 show in December.

For Caden, Ben-10 is a big boy who does all good things just like a big boy should do. Such as:

  • Ben-10 listens to Ben-10’s mommy and daddy
  • Ben-10 never cried and wailing
  • Ben-10 drink orange juiceBen-10 is good to his friends

Initially, I didn't allow him to use Ben-10 tees outside home. But I always see him crying everytime we have to change him. If we are going out twice that day, that means he will cry at least twice. I can also see that he is very proud when he is using his Ben-10 shirts and watch.

I know once I allow him to use it outside, there will be no more other t-shirts for him. I know when I allow him to buy Ben-10 shoes; there will be no other shoes for him.

But I thought, since Ben-10 actually shaping him to be a good big boy, I let him wear all those in the end.

And YES, say good bye to other shoes and t-shirts.

A few days ago, I went to OG Chinatown to search for Ben-10 t-shirts. I went to Robinson, Takashimaya, Isetan, etc to look for Ben-10 shirts, but his size has all run out.

Those that they have were only the one with the aliens on it, with no Ben-10 picture at all. Caden only familiar with Ben-10, so I have to find t-shirts with Ben-10 on it, or else he will go mad or he may insist that we shouldn’t wash his tees. Hehe….

1 comment:

~phoenix~ said...

OMG, I can so relate to this Ben-10 craze. And I love the idea of your Ben-10 propaganda hehehe...