.
Faith will make you able to please the LORD each day
Hope will help your heart to know that GOD will make a way
Love will be the greatest gift, for love will see you through
In everything you do, I will always pray these gifts for you
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, January 5, 2007

more milk?

I have been feeling quite happy lately. It seems like I am producing much more milk than before, sometimes it even leak. Yey!!! I am so happy and proud that my decision of pumping my breasts even when they are not producing any milk really helps.

Caden has been feeding straight from my breast with only a little supplement from the formula for the past month and when the formla is given, that is only when I am gone past his feeding time -- so I tried as much as possible to come back home on time at his feeding time.

Paul, ai Ayun and Mom has not been supporting on the breastfeeding idea. Paul supports me on the breastfeeding idea so that Caden will have better health and future but he wants me to loose weight asap. How can I do that when I always feel hungry after breastfeeding? Also, you are not suppose to go on diet when you are breastfeeding as you may not giving your child enough vitamins and minerals.

As for ai, she said my milk production is very little and would not be enough to feed Caden (she predicted that my supply will dry up by Caden 3 months old). She used to insist that Caden would need to be given formula after every breastfeeding. And mom, she said breastfeeding will make my breast look ugly and plus I could not go on diet soon when I am still breastfeeding.

*sigh*

I know I look so very ugly now – very fat. But I think giving breast milk for Caden is the best option for his future. I will loose weight (I promised) but wait until I had stop breastfeeding. I guess some people are not that patient when it comes to your appearance.

But so far, I will stick into my decision. I am determined to breastfeed Caden for at least 1 year – I don’t care what other people say. Now, the most important thing is what is best for Caden.

No comments: