.
Faith will make you able to please the LORD each day
Hope will help your heart to know that GOD will make a way
Love will be the greatest gift, for love will see you through
In everything you do, I will always pray these gifts for you
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

SPICY fried rice

Yes, you read it right!!

I did not intentionally give him the spicy fried rice, though. It was the waiter’s fault (well, mommy’s fault, too actually – as I believe him without trying it before I give it to Caden).

Here’s the full story:

We went to Bunga Rampai Restaurant in Menteng with a friend and her 15 months old daughter. As Caden has not been eating for almost a week, I thought ordering him a fried rice was a good idea – hoping he could play with the fried rice and would take a few spoonful of his own porridge that we make at home.

So, I ordered, “one Chicken fried rice with no MSG if posibble! And please make it fast, it’s for my son.” I said while I was pointing at Caden.

Yes, Mam” the waiter replied and continued to explain that this restaurant never put any MSG in any of their food.

When the fried rice came, I was surprised. It was a little red (just like when you put some chili on it). So I asked the waiter again if it is hot and he replied, “it’s not hot, mam!

Blindly believing him and thought it was actually tomato (not chili), I gave one spoonful of rice to Caden and he quickly signed for more a couple of times. I gave him another one and he signed for more again. Then, the aroma of the fried rice flew to my nose and then I realized that it maybe chili afterall.

Then I tried it.

and.... It’s SPICY!

Of course I can take a lot spicier than that, but for someone who never eats any spicy food, it was REALLY spicy!

Shockingly, he wasn’t showing any sign of it’s too hot, mommy, but rather he was asking for more all the time. We know that he was actually feeling the heat from the fried rice because in no time, his head was all covered in sweat! ^_^

After about 10 spoonful of it, I hide the fried rice from him, as I was starting to be afraid that he was going to get diarrhea afterwards.

The fact that I was taking a lot of spicy food while I was pregnant and breastfeeding maybe the reason why he is very tolerant with hot stuffs.

Suster said, if his appetite is not increasing for the next few days, we might just add some chilies in his food. *joking*

PS: He was not having any diarrhea... ^_^

No comments: