.
Faith will make you able to please the LORD each day
Hope will help your heart to know that GOD will make a way
Love will be the greatest gift, for love will see you through
In everything you do, I will always pray these gifts for you
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, January 5, 2009

Scary!!

I am scared to see his toe now. It looks so scary, so swollen, so black and so baddd…

I decided to go to the doctor after his school today; I don’t want him to miss his first day of school.

We went to his pediatrician. On the way there, I decided to tell him that we were going to the doctor to fix his painful big toe, hoping that it would make him cry less at the doctor office.

WRONG MOVE!

He cried right away and insisted that I should bring him home. He didn’t want to get out of the car and cried all the way up the escalator.

Then I told Suster to wait at McDonald’s, while I go upstairs and see if I can find answers just by showing them the pictures of his toe.

The front desk nurse said I should go to a pediatric surgeon.

[Almost fainted when I heard that. I was hoping she would say something like, “Oh it’s okay, you don’t have to see the doctor…the toe will heal eventually”]

She referred me to one surgeon at Gleneagles Hospital and went straight there afterwards.

When we arrived at the lobby, then Caden realized that he was brought to another doctor office. So screaming and crying started right away.

It continued until we arrived at the doctor office, then he was rolling on the floor and screaming so loud, again insisted that I should bring him home.

Then the blood inside the nail burst out (I think it bumped into something). His left toes were covered in blood. I thank GOD that I could be calm and cool about it.

Then we had to wait for the doctor that was on the hospital to check on his patient. Caden continued his rolling, screaming and crying for a while, but when I assured him that he won’t be given any injection, it got better for a few minutes [I was praying so hard that he REALLY won’t be given any].

The doctor came about 15 minutes later, the screaming and crying started again and only lasted for another 15 minutes when the doctor was done examining him.

So glad that everything is alright. Doctor said, the died nail will eventually come out and new nail with grow. He assured me that everything will look like new, but it will take a while, about 3-4 weeks.

I have to covered his toe with bandage, apply a medicine on it and change it everyday. No swimming for now, at least until the blood stop coming out. I have to gave Caden panadol, too for the next 3-4 days as it would be painful to walk.

Ck ck ck…*shaking my head* All of this mess, and the plate is totally fine, it still look like brand new!

4 comments:

astrid said...

Get well soon, Caden dear..

Duh claud, itu bisa sampe biru semuaaa...Ngeri banget... Ya pokoknya cepet sembuh deh!

Anonymous said...

Duh item gituuu... ketiban melamin plate bisa jadi segitunya ya?

Cepet bae ya, Caden ...

Anonymous said...

Serem deh sampe biru & swollen.. Caden will be fine, it just takes time to heal.. Cepet sembuh yah, Caden..

Clau, you're so amazing.. bisa acting cool gitu, kalo gue sih udah freak out from the 1st day.. hehe.. Anyway, good job, Mommy.. *two thumbs up*

Claudia Iliadi said...

thanks aunties for the well wishes...for now caden dah gak sakit at all so he can walk properly again (gak pincang gitu) tapinya masih still not almost the same as the picture above...can't wait until it back to normal!