.
Faith will make you able to please the LORD each day
Hope will help your heart to know that GOD will make a way
Love will be the greatest gift, for love will see you through
In everything you do, I will always pray these gifts for you
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, February 18, 2008

Chinese Language

There are lots of reasons why we should learn Mandarin:

One, Chinese language is said to be the 2nd most important language in the world, therefore it is very important that Caden can master (both verbal and non-verbal) the hideous and super difficult language fluently.

Two, daddy wants Caden to be able to understand Mandarin at the back of his hand. Daddy even said, Indonesian is not important for now as it is very easy for him to catch up later.

Last but not least, we are Chinese and it’s kind of embarrassing for a Chinese not being able to understand his own language.

Many have said that their children are coping not so well in school (or pre-school) because of the extreme difficulty in the language. Being a Chinese descendent mom, who is completely blind in the language of my ancestors, will make it even more challenging for Caden to understand the language.

It's a simple fact that children have a much easier time learning any new language because they have not yet developed the barriers to learning that we tend to develop as adults.

Learning Mandarin for kids is simply a matter of surrounding themselves with their playmates who speak Mandarin. So, I thought by enrolling him in a Chinese environment class is a good start towards the goal, and because it is a parent-and-child class, I am able to learn a little bit of Chinese, too.

Oh gosh!! Tell me about the difficulty in Chinese!

I had headaches in our first class. I was constantly trying to understand what was the teacher was saying by looking at her body language and trying to catch some words that I may know (in all, maybe I know about 10 words? Hehe….)

Caden felt the difference in the class, too. He knew this is not the usual English class that he attends. He was clingier to me and tried to observe the difference in the classroom surrounding. He observed the teacher closely when she was talking in the planet language that he has never heard before.

Today, we came for our 2nd class, it was much better for Caden, but I am still so blur in the class! I do wish, I will pick up the language soon so that I am able to help Caden a little.

I hope this is worth the effort that Caden will be coping well in Mandarin at school later on.

PS: The Lauze(s) (or teachers) are excellent! I believe it’s better than the English one.

No comments: