.
Faith will make you able to please the LORD each day
Hope will help your heart to know that GOD will make a way
Love will be the greatest gift, for love will see you through
In everything you do, I will always pray these gifts for you
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 17, 2008

oh...I am not alone?

I am surprise to know that I am not alone whose husband is always away for almost the whole weekdays. Bringing Caden to Julia Gabriel School opens my horizon about it!

From my conversation with the mommies there, I found out that more than half of the class has the same situation as mine. And all of them said, “What could we (mommies) do? His job requires a lot of traveling.”

Once, a friend encouraged me to talk with Paul seriously, so that he may be agree to change his job to the one that doesn’t requires lots of traveling. Therefore, he would have more time to spend time with Caden.

==> which is impossible to happen (at least for the time being)

Not that I am not agree with what she says. I agree completely! We used to argue about this a lot. And I am tired about it!

I am just glad that Paul travels starts at Caden's early years. I hope he would accept easily that daddy will not be at home every weekdays for work. Rather than having daddy to travel when he is older – which may make him cry or miss him so much every week when daddy has to go.

I believe, up ‘till now, Caden handles the situation - with daddy’s not around on the weekdays - pretty well. He played a lot with daddy and looks for him all the time while he is at home, but plays with mommy, suster, oma, or ii Valerie when daddy is not around.

I only hope that Caden (and I) would be strong if ever this situation has to continue for a long long time.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The above picture is taken today. This week, Daddy came home last night (Saturday night) and would only have time for Caden today(Sunday), as tomorrow (Monday) at 6am, he would have to go from home to catch a 7.30am flight.

I don't let Caden watch TV at all, only DVD for once or twice a week only, with 30 minutes at each time. I make an effort so that DVD time is a special time for Daddy and Caden to bond. So everytime Caden asked to watch his DVD, I would say, "Wait for daddy at the end of the week okay? He will be here soon."

And yes, Caden would wait and asks for it again when daddy is around.

No comments: