.
Faith will make you able to please the LORD each day
Hope will help your heart to know that GOD will make a way
Love will be the greatest gift, for love will see you through
In everything you do, I will always pray these gifts for you
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, February 29, 2008

Kiasu Mommy...

I started Mandarin tuition for Caden since last week. Hihihi….

Ok, maybe the title is somewhat right, but I have my reasons for it.

We don’t speak Mandarin at all at home and I don’t want Caden to struggle hard at school later on. Hope this will train his tiny ears on the hideous and super difficult language (I think).

For now what we are doing is just playing, sing-songs and do some very simple art and craft, completely in Mandarin. At first Caden looked confused and unsecured of a stranger talking to him in such a closed distance, but on the 3rd lesson, Caden was starting to relax – he wasn’t look for me every minute anymore. I could sit on the dinner table (about 5 meters away) while observing him playing with the teacher and helped the teacher once in a while.

I have seen the improvement on him. He understood the word fang jin lai (which means: clean up) only on the 3rd lesson.

[Yeyyy….mommy so happy!]

I hope soon, when he is ready, we could pre-nursery’s Mandarin lesson.

No comments: