.
Faith will make you able to please the LORD each day
Hope will help your heart to know that GOD will make a way
Love will be the greatest gift, for love will see you through
In everything you do, I will always pray these gifts for you
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, June 9, 2008

First Experience: At a Temple

We dropped by to this temple on the way back to the car from the audition place. I was just curious to see what's inside as a lot of people (most are Caucasian) were go in and out and taking pictures of this temple. Maybe this one is one of the well-known one in Singapore?
.
They were having prayer session. A monk was sitting in the centre of the big hall and was using a mike while saying the prayers by looking at a very thick book, which I assume is their sort of Bible, while the rest of the people there were joining him to read the book.

When I was young, when my grandparents from my dad side was still alive, we used to go to a temple at least twice a year. I also remember when their died, we have to burn them in a Buddist stlye.

Both of my parents are Christian, so since my grandparents' death and since I live outside Jakarta to further my studies, I never went there anymore. This temple reminds me of the old times, although mostly what I did in the temple is playing with my cousins. ^_^

PS: Caden maybe confused, he was keeping quiet throughout our journey inside and outside the temple. hehe..

No comments: