.
Faith will make you able to please the LORD each day
Hope will help your heart to know that GOD will make a way
Love will be the greatest gift, for love will see you through
In everything you do, I will always pray these gifts for you
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, July 30, 2007

only two...

When friends asked me "when are you going to stop breastfeeding?", I always said "never" . Haha... it’s not true though. What I mean was, I would stretch it as long as it is appropriate for me to continue breastfeeding Caden. I LOVE breastfeeding him. I feel a sense of bonding between me and him what I could barely describe…it’s very very special and I hope he would be my little boy forever.

Friends with bigger children have told me how painful it was to breastfeed when their babies was older (some even start at 4 months old). And I, with a proud voice would say “It never happened to me, Caden is a good boy -- he know that it would be painful for mommy!” Soon I figure out that Caden is actually slow (compare to his friends that I know) in developing his teeth. At 8 months, Noah has 8 and Vai has 6, while Caden’s was just starting to show 2 of them.

And this is where the problem began. He started to bite mine about two weeks ago but never been as painful as three days ago. I believed he was in his playful mood and was almost full. Suddenly, he bite my nipple and did not want to let it go even after I told him a few times. Then I forced my pinky into the corner of his mouth and wedging it between the baby's gums (this is how I was thought how to break the latch) and at the same time, I said to him in a firm voice not to do that because it’s painful for me.

In a split second, he cried!! SO LOUD!! Extremely loud that suster thought Caden fell from the bed. It was as if he was being spanked or anything similar to a VERY painful experience.

To cut the story short, there was a cut on my nipple and it is very painful (just as what my friends described). Though I am still determined to breastfeed Caden until he is at least 1 year old, I hope I could teach him not to bite anymore ASAP.

*sigh* Soon I would have to stop him from breastfeeding --I feel that he is shifting a little further from me.

PS: A friend said, wait until Caden developed his upper teeth, then I should feel the real pain. – I hope not!!! *finger crossed*

No comments: