.
Faith will make you able to please the LORD each day
Hope will help your heart to know that GOD will make a way
Love will be the greatest gift, for love will see you through
In everything you do, I will always pray these gifts for you
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 19, 2007

panic?!

In about a month time, Caden and I will be going to Glen Cove, NY then to Austin, TX (the city when Caden was born) to attend Paul's little sister wedding. Honestly, I have been thinking (real) hard about this – bringing Caden along and have to take care of him all by myself. Paul will be leaving for New York 1 week earlier and will be busy with his own work, especially on the first week we are there.

Therefore, Caden and I will be flying the 20 over hours of flight (with connections) ALONE. Although the trip is around the corner, I am still figuring out a lot of things that could happen in the air or on the ground that I still could not find the solutions yet. Like, how do I go to the restroom on the plane? How could I lift the heavy luggage with Caden on my hands? How can I take a bath in the hotel? How to avoid Caden’s jet leg?

FYI, between NY and Singapore, there is about 12 hours difference in time – so when in Singapore is 8pm [time when Caden is suppose to be sleeping] it would be 8am [time when Caden is having his breakfast]

Caden is different compared to other babies who are under their mom’s care only. At home he has oma (read: grandma), my sister, the maid, suster, Paul (on the weekends), and I to play with him – basically, he is never alone, in fact he would cry if he could not see anyone sitting or playing near him. He is scared of new faces too, so he could not be carried by people who he doesn’t recognize – oma always say that Caden could not be kidnapped cos’ he would cry as loud as he can once some stranger carry him. And this makes me wonder of how could I go to the restroom in the plane? It is such a very small restroom and it would be difficult for me to bring him, too. But on the other hand, I am afraid he would scream so loud that he would wake everybody on the plane.

One of the most important thing for me to remember is that, I should not be too perfectionist about anything for that trip. Now, everyday, Caden has schedule something like this, 7am wake up, 7.30am breakfast, 9.30am nap, 12pm lunch, 2pm nap, 5pm swim, 6pm dinner, 7pm sleep (plus and minus 1 hour). I think in USA, I will let him sleep or eat anytime he wants. For one, the jet leg and time difference would mess everything up and I think I would be out of my mind if I still want him to be on his schedule!

Lastly, food food food! How can I cook for Caden’s porridge in the hotel??? Will he take Gerber food only? Will he get tired of it?

So many questions but so little answers!! In the end I just let the trip runs it’s course and leave everything to the ONE above. Although it’s going to be crazy and I am going to be so tired afterwards, I am actually kind of looking forward for my time together with my little guy ONLY and see what will happens! I am sure we would have good times (and bad times) and I would remember this trip forever!

PS: lots of people (including oma) has been telling me to left Caden under mom and suster’s care but I decided to bring him along. It would definitely be crazy but fun at the same time! Pray for us guys especially for our good health!! ^_^

"I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you"
Joshua 1:5

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Claudia,

Really admire your courage to bring Caden for such a long trip alone. But since you have decided on it, let nature takes its course. Just enjoy the journey and I am sure you will find ways to cope with every situation that pops up :)

Have a good trip !