.
Faith will make you able to please the LORD each day
Hope will help your heart to know that GOD will make a way
Love will be the greatest gift, for love will see you through
In everything you do, I will always pray these gifts for you
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

At Gymboree

We went for trial again at Gymboree. The last time we were here is when Caden was only 6 months old (at level 1), and I felt that the class was too slow for Caden. Eerrr... They had massage time (with massage oil & we had to whisper to them to ask for their permission!!!) + questions & answers time for the mothers. And at that time, Caden was wriggling everywhere (read: he was bored).

A friend told us that the class for older kids is different. It is more fast-paced and challenging. So, with that in mind, I tried it again.

[I am just looking for different gym classes around the central area, I am just weighing my options, maybe there is better gym school than The Little Gym]

Caden who is at level 3 now, is even more active and socialized. We arrived at 11.15pm, the class was already started. They just moved to a different level and it looked very clean and nice. The first thing in my mind when we entered the room was, it’s huge and filled with lots of different equipment which looked new, challenging and expensive.

I was excited at first but soon feel a little disappointed and even more disappointed as the class continued. First of all, the teacher did not seem to know exactly what she was doing. She only introduced everyone to different sets of equipment and kept saying that “this equipment is good for their (the kids’) fine motor skill” again and again at each one of them.

Secondly, she sang out of tune!! And this one I cannot tolerate! Grrr…I just hate someone sings out of tune, especially when you are teaching a class that require lots of singing as most children loves to sing.

Although their class is a bit small and doesn't have open gym time for Caden to play, I feel that The Little Gym has the best teachers of all. All of them are energetic, friendly, knowledgeable, really loves children, really enjoy their job (you know when people do something just for the sake of the money), and last but not least, sings in the right tune (^_^).

With this bad experience, I don’t think I am going to the My Gym trial on Thurs. It would only be wasting my time and money!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clau, I'm thinking about enrolling Kenneth to the Little Gym too.. The last time I went for a trial at Gymboree was dissapointing.. The classroom was so dark & didn't have good air ventilation..

Gue lagi bayangin that teacher nyanyi out of tune.. hahaha.. lucu banget..

Claudia Iliadi said...

ka, you do know that gymboree is franchise thingy? so different gymboree will be slightly different from each other...

anyway, yes, I don't like gymboree...