.
Faith will make you able to please the LORD each day
Hope will help your heart to know that GOD will make a way
Love will be the greatest gift, for love will see you through
In everything you do, I will always pray these gifts for you
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, November 5, 2007

separation anxiety

Not sure why!! But Caden has been very clingy for the last week. He always looking for me and now call 'ma ma ma ma' --- a lot of times until I carries him.

Night times are worst! He would call out my name until I could not resist to go in to his room and rescue him (although suster is there but he will keep crying and called out my name).

I tried to sleep at my own room and let him sleep in his crib with suster in the same room but in the end, suster called me cos' Caden kept calling my name and cried at the same time.

When we are at the mall or down at the park/pool below our house, he would (most of the time) want me to carry him rather that walk by himself. -- He used to walk!

I think it could be because he has developed what usually called by separation anxiety. I heard, it start at around 7 months and peaks just after the first birthday. At this time, young children are beginning to understand that each object and person in the environment is different and permanent. They cannot yet understand time, therefore they do not know when or even if I will return.

And the fact that now Caden had been off from my breast for the past 6 days in a row (I am very proud of him, by the way!!) could be another reason for it.

I hope he knows that I will always be there for him and I pray that this phase soon will be gone and he would grow up to be a mature independent person!...

No comments: