.
Faith will make you able to please the LORD each day
Hope will help your heart to know that GOD will make a way
Love will be the greatest gift, for love will see you through
In everything you do, I will always pray these gifts for you
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 10, 2008

almost finger-less...

This was where Mommy thought that Caden will have no more right hand fingers for the rest of his life.

So the story goes like this…

Ii Ani and suster decided to take Caden to the park downstairs while mommy was away to take Daddy to the doctor (Daddy has flu for about a week).
.
We have a friend coming over to play with Caden, so when I didn’t see Caden when I arrived home, I asked our maid to call them up.

I was near the kitchen door and I heard the lift door open. I went to the kitchen to get a drink then I heard Ii Ani screamed, calling my name a few times. I thought Caden fell or something not that serious, so I ignore her. [This auntie can sometimes be a little exaggerate on things]

After about ten seconds or so, she screamed again and told me that it was very serious and asked me to come as soon as possible.

Then I knew something was really wrong! I ran to the lift with my heart pumping very fast.

The lift door was only opened just enough for half of my body to look inside it and it was then I saw all of Caden’s right hand finger (minus the thumb) was stuck on the lift door.

[He put his hands on the lift door while the it was open. So his hand was forced to outwards when the door open, this resulted his four fingers to stuck on the side of the door]

I screamed like a MAD PERSON! I even called Jesus name a couple of times. Caden was crying so loud by then. I realized that I have to calm down and think of a way out of this. When I heard Ii Ani was saying that we should just pull Caden’s fingers out, I thought for a couple of seconds about it. I decided that it was the only thing to do, so I pull his fingers out (and it was apparently not that difficult and not that scary as what I thought it would be), and grabbed him unto my arms and hugged him tight.

Ii Ani, suster and the maid was stuck on the lift and being brought downstairs. Luckily our friend was there, she helped me by giving Caden a rub with an oil from Indonesia (that I happened to have one), while I keep hugging him to calm him down.

I was shaking and my voice even trembles! I was still thinking about his fingers, if we should go to hospital asap.

But we were lucky! Caden’s fingers were small enough to fit into the openings. I was shocked to see the blue fingers when I take it out from the lift, but it was only because the blood was not flowing to it for that 5 minutes incident.

He was laughing again in no time. Feeling like nothing has happen, playing with Erin, who was visiting and watching our every move all along, after only 10 minutes.

Maybe he did not remember any of it by now, but I surely remember how I thought that my baby would not have any right hand fingers for the rest of his life!!!

Lesson to learn: Don’t be inattentive, especially with boys!! You never know what could happen! They are very UNPREDICTABLE!!!

No comments: