.
Faith will make you able to please the LORD each day
Hope will help your heart to know that GOD will make a way
Love will be the greatest gift, for love will see you through
In everything you do, I will always pray these gifts for you
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

New Doctor

It’s been more than a week since the fever started and Caden’s appetite has go down drastically. At first he was just refusing his regular porridge but would still eat things that he likes. But since 2 days ago, he started refusing every food, including avocados, yogurt, baby cereal and even fresh milk and milo which he supposedly like very much.

So, I am worried (again). When I spoke to a friend about this, she recommends me to bring him to a different doctor, just to check it out.

I actually called his regular doctor yesterday and told him about Caden’s situation and asked him if we should come by to his office tomorrow morning. But he said “no need” cos’ even though if I came down, he (the doctor) would not be able to do anything. And when I said “How about if Caden develop ulcers in his mouth again?” He told me that Caden’s body has to fight it himself, so I will just waste my time to come down to his office. He told me to give it another week or so.

Though I trusted him at first, I decided to go to this new doctor that a friend recommended anyway.

At this point, Caden’s meal intake is ZERO! He is only drinking his formula 24/7. So much food is wasted - not a single spoon is going down his throat. I have also mix his formula with Pediasure Complete which is said to have a complete balance of vitamins and minerals for fussy eaters.

We arrived at Olive Tree clinic (picture attached) at 9.30am and went into the doctor’s office at around 10am. The female doctor was very nice. Caden didn't cry when he met her, even at a close distance (he would cry hysterically when he sees his regular doctor starting from 3 meters distance).

And to my surprise, he wasn’t even crying when the doctor checked him using her stethoscope!!! – he was actually looking at the stethoscope going around on his tummy and chest area. The doctor didn’t do anything much to him, in fact she was actually talking to me the whole time and gave Caden a toy to play with and change the toy to a different one when she saw that Caden was bored with it.

My friend had told me earlier that there is these motherly charisma or something on this doctor that makes kids not to be scared so much with going to a doctor. I didn't believe it at first.

So, the diagnosis was Caden’s flu was so bad that his throat was swollen. And because it has not been treated with a medicine, it has worsen. It went to his ear (had a slight ear infections) and all his gums are swollen (plus his runny nose and a bad cough).

Sounds so SCARYY!!

The doctor gave Caden 4 medicines (so much!!) which 1 is an antibiotic - this would be Caden’s first antibiotic medicine. Listening to the doctor diagnosis, I think it’s necessary for him to have one.

I am so glad that I went for a second opinion regarding this! Now, let’s just hope that Caden’s body is reacting well with this medicines and I hope his appetite comes back soon.

No comments: