.
Faith will make you able to please the LORD each day
Hope will help your heart to know that GOD will make a way
Love will be the greatest gift, for love will see you through
In everything you do, I will always pray these gifts for you
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, November 3, 2008

Skipping Nursery 1

My decision on not sending Caden to a drop-off school next year (ie. keeping him in Julia Gabriel) did not come easy.

When I look at Caden now, I think he is not ready for a classroom based type of school yet, where he has to sit down for (what he will think) a long long time and follow quite a few rules.

He is a very active child. He likes to be free, to do whatever he likes to do at that very moment. He likes to run around everywhere, touching this and that, playing with anything that he feel like playing, and get bored easily soon after that.

I am trying everything in my power to help him focus more on things. But I understand that his personality is not like any other quiet, introvert kind of child. He is very outgoing, very friendly, and very extrovert. Making him to sit down for a long time would be like torturing him.

I am afraid that if I send him to a drop-off school next year, he would get scolded often by the teacher for not sitting down and for not following rules. When that happens, I am sure his self-esteem will be affected, which is the very least thing that I want him to experience.

Until he can follow some rules and directions, until I know how to handle him more, until he can sit down and do some work for a while, I will just keep him in a very close proximity to me. I am not going to let anyone do the necessary disciplinary on Caden for my sake.

I hope by mid of next year, he is ready for a drop-off school. If not, then we’re just going to stay here at Julia Gabriel until the end of next year.

No comments: