.
Faith will make you able to please the LORD each day
Hope will help your heart to know that GOD will make a way
Love will be the greatest gift, for love will see you through
In everything you do, I will always pray these gifts for you
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Fell from the bed!

I was in shocked when I heard "bang", loud noise just like something has fallen to the ground, and followed by very loud cries of Caden. I was trying to call my mom to let her know that someone was waiting for her down at the lobby of our condo then this incident happened.

Ok, let me start from the beginning. Caden and I were sleeping together on my bed for our afternoon nap. Then there was a call from the guard downstairs that someone came for 'Merry' -- that's my mom. My mom did not tell any of us, so my maid who picked the call did not know if she should let the guy in or let him wait outside and she asked me. I wanted to tell her to call my mom but for some reason I woke up slowly (making sure not to woke Caden up) and call mom by myself. I went into the next room to make the call. Unfortunately, mom did not picked it up right away even after a few calls. I tried to call Paul who was with her but he only picked up after the 3rd call. So then I asked Paul to asked mom, and mom answered to Paul then Paul told me what mom said....in short...I was too long leaving Caden, who is able to toss and turn by himself, alone in my bed. In the end, because of my carelessnes, he fell.

I never been so scared before... Caden must be in shocked and in pain, I thought! Caden cried so loud and I told him 'sorry' many times and hoped he will understand what I was saying. I held him closely into my arms and rocked him slowly and tried to calm down. I know that if I did not calm down, Caden would not calm down, too. I called my baby-sitter, asked her to see if there was any scratch or bump on his head but we could not find any. I told her that maybe it's too early to see if there was any of them.

Caden calmed down pretty quick and he started laughing again but I was still worried if Caden will remember this day forever or worst, something might happen to his head. So I waited for an hour and still could not find any bump. The baby-sitter told me maybe there wasn't suppose to be any bump or scratch at all. I said that was not possible because there was a small side table and a small chair next to where he was fallen, furthermore, I was sure that his hands were not strong enough to hold his head up-- therefore there should be at least one bump on his head. Then she said something that embarrassed me. She said, "What if GOD protected him? There was a pillow that fall with him, maybe that was what protect Caden from the bump. You will never know how GOD works." Oh my godness, I was the one who believe in Jesus Christ but she was the one who reminded me of HIM. I should have trusted Caden in HIS hands entirely and not rely on my own self thought.

It's been more than 8 hours from the incident and there is still not a single the bump or scratch on any part of his body. I thank GOD for his protection on Caden and thank you for reminding me of HIM through someone whom I never thought would.

No comments: