.
Faith will make you able to please the LORD each day
Hope will help your heart to know that GOD will make a way
Love will be the greatest gift, for love will see you through
In everything you do, I will always pray these gifts for you
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Learning Chinese from young




Knowing that Chinese language is a very difficult language to be learnt [especially when both parents are about 97% blind about it], starting early in exposing Caden to the language is important.

Caden has been in his two-times-a-week Mandarin class for more than 6 months now and I should say that there are lots of improvement in his Chinese words and the understanding of the conversation in Chinese.

And since children's brain are not corrupted yet, they learn new language so much faster as easier than adults.

I have been in the same class with Caden all along, but I am still very much blurred about the language, whereas Caden shows lots of more understanding in it.

There was one day, about 2 months ago, when the teacher was talking in Chinese [which I obviously didn't understand at all]. Suddenly Caden was holding my two hands and moving them around. Before I had the chance to ask him, "what is it?", the teacher started singing 'Row Row Row Your Boat' in Chinese. I was indeed surprised on how well he had understand the language with only four hours class per week.

In the video clip above, it has shown that Caden understands and actually REMEMBERS (unlike me!!) Chinese words.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. You have a really beautiful family! =) He's a really cute boy.

Anonymous said...

ow, he is very cute... did you record it using video camcorder or just with camera?