.
Faith will make you able to please the LORD each day
Hope will help your heart to know that GOD will make a way
Love will be the greatest gift, for love will see you through
In everything you do, I will always pray these gifts for you
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 1, 2006

The BIG day!!! September 28th 2006


At last my mom and the Chinese lady (that I called ai Ayun) had arrived safely in Austin, Texas International Airport on Saturday 16th of September 2006. And now, the count down begins...everyone was hoping that the baby, whom we decided to call Caden, to arrive anytime soon but it has been more than a week and there were no sign of it at all.

All of us were waiting...couldn't wait for the day to come. Especially for me since I was so huge and big and gigantic.....I was just hoping that I could be in labor soon enough before I became an "elephant" ^_^. I was so sure that everyday that passed, I gained a couple of pounds. SCARY!!!

Then came September 27th when I experienced "spotting" (blood drops) in the morning and afternoon but no sign of contractions. Not sure what to do, I decided to go to the doctor that afternoon. Unfortunately the doctor said, I was only 1.5cm dilation (which had been going on for a week) and no contractions at all so the doctor told me to go home and wait until I feel contractions that are 5 minutes a part for at least 1 hour. Dissapointed, my mom and I went home.

I took a nap for 2.5 hours and woke up at 7.30pm feeling a something is different in my tummy but decided to ignore it as I was just went from the doctor office and she said nothing to show any early labor sign. I ate my dinner and joked with my mom that today would be the day as I felt something more stronger but still not sure if that was contractions. By 8.30pm, I becaming more anxious and the my tummy hurts a little bit more, I decided to call the doctor at 9pm. Then by 10pm, I could barely speak through the contractions. I knew then I was really in labor. Quickly I took a bath and call my friend, Vivi, who was going to take me to the hospital.

  • 11.30pm I arrived at the hospital, checked by the nurse said I was only at 1.5cm dilation...my mom and I were shocked...I was in so much pain...I thought I was at least at 5cm dilation. The nurse then told me to walk around and be back in 1 hour.
  • 12.30am, the nurse said I was already at 5cm dilation *huh???*. I was then transfered to the labor and delivery room and being prepared for the labor.
  • 2.30am, I was said to be at 9.5cm dilation and ready to push. *SHOCKED!!!*
  • 3.05am I was pushing and after only pushing through 6 contractions, the baby came at 3.43am --- 39 minutes!!! *Gosh..I wasn't thought it would be this fast!!*

I thank God for the safe and fast labor that I experienced and more importantly a healthy son to be taken care for.

No comments: