.
Faith will make you able to please the LORD each day
Hope will help your heart to know that GOD will make a way
Love will be the greatest gift, for love will see you through
In everything you do, I will always pray these gifts for you
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, May 5, 2008

Back to school

After 3 days absent from school last week, it’s time to be back to school.

I know a lot of parents has actually keep their children at home for the time being due to the scary rising of HFMD cases – close to 10,000 child had been effected now.

But Caden loves his school so much and he is a very active boy who could not stay at home for too long (just like mommy!!). We will get bored easily if our days filled with staying at home and play with the same thing all over again.

When Caden was in my womb, he already went to New York, Las Vegas, Jakarta (from USA), Austin (Texas) and not to mention the shopping that the two of us did almost everyday. When he was only two months old, I took him to his first long flight from Austin, Texas to Jakarta, Indonesia. It took us 36 hours for the whole journey. By he is 4 months old, he had travel by air Singapore to Jakarta twice.

So…I feel I will torture him by not bringing him out somewhere. I always try to dig my head to find new and fun places that I could take Caden with and school is one of them.

Although I am afraid of the outbreaks, I do hope Caden would not experience one of those. I am very particular with him sharing food and would ask him to wash his hands more frequently than before. Furthermore, I will be inside the classroom with him so I could watch his every move and could prevent him from, for example, putting toys into his mouth.

Other than that, I believe that life still goes on. We just have to do as much as we can to prevent the disease to get into us (like hand washing).

PS: There were one case in Caden’s Mandarin class last Friday and luckily he was absent due to the flu. But we are still planning to go in to the class on Wednesday.

No comments: