.
Faith will make you able to please the LORD each day
Hope will help your heart to know that GOD will make a way
Love will be the greatest gift, for love will see you through
In everything you do, I will always pray these gifts for you
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

front-facing?


Desperate about what should I do with Caden in his car seat, I decided to buy a new one that could be placed front-facing. Most of the time, when we put him in his current infant car seat, that could only be placed rear-facing, he would start wailing and only stop when suster let him out. I told suster to play with him and brought a few toys every time we want to go out, but that too would not work.

At first, when he started to wail suster would let him out and this naughty boy would start smiling, laughing and gets all exited the moment she took him out. Knowing that his wailing was just an act to get what he want, I told suster not to let him out from the car seat anymore.

I believe strongly that car seat is the best for Caden; it protects him much better compared with when he is being held in someone’s hand. I really want Caden to enjoy his ride but at the same time I want him to be sitting on his car seat comfortably. One day, on the way to Takashimaya, he was wailing as usual and when I turned my back and try to talk to him, I saw him sitting forward and looking into my direction (read: he was turning his head to see me) and when he saw me, he smiled – then continue his wailing after I turned my back.

I know that he is suppose to be in rear-facing for at least a year before he could graduate to a front-facing car seat but in Singapore, I never drives longer than twenty minutes (one way) in a car (well, where can you go in Singapore?? ^_^) and there will always be suster at the back with him, plus the thought of giving Caden a much better ride in the car is important, too.

So here we were this morning, @ Mothercare, Centrepoint and browsing through their car seats and eventually choose the perfect one for Caden. The car seat is still in their warehouse, we will get it in about a week time. I can’t wait to see what his reaction will be on it and I do hope I made a wise decision by letting him sitting front-facing at this young age.

No comments: