.
Faith will make you able to please the LORD each day
Hope will help your heart to know that GOD will make a way
Love will be the greatest gift, for love will see you through
In everything you do, I will always pray these gifts for you
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

mommy is a stealer???

with barney after went from the doctor office
Caden seemed scared to ride with barney... i think the loud voice from barney startled him...

I have been worried about Caden’s cut because it has yet to heal. Every time it seems to have dried up, Caden would either rub his forehead onto any object he comes into contact with or pick at his wound with his fingers, aggravating it and causing the wound to re-open.

So this morning, I decided to go to the doctor to ask for an external medication and also something that will prevent scarring. But when I arrived there, the receptionist told me that I would need to meet the doctor in order to get a new prescription. However, a walk-in appointment takes 1-3 hours, so the receptionist suggested that I go down to a pharmacy.

While Caden was napping at home, I went to the Guardian at Paragon and asked the pharmacist for something similar to Betadine, but for infants. He said that he had none but also told me that the antiseptic in Betadine would be too strong for a baby as it is intended for toddlers at least 2 years old.

I was stunned. I had been applying Betadine on Caden’s cut for the last 2 days! So I walked out of Guardian, still stunned and confused as to what to do next, regretting for not finding out more about the mentioned product before applying it to Caden. So as I picked up my thoughts I reached into my bag for my handphone. Mom picked up when I called home. I told her to tell Suster not to give Betadine to Caden anymore. But then I realized that I was about to go home anyways and that there was no need to call at all. I guess I was stupefied and too worried that I could not think straight. After that, I called the pediatrics’ office, and left a message for the doctor to call me back soon.

When I reached my car in the parking lot, I reached down my bag again to find my keys. It was then that I saw what I was holding in the other hand. I was thinking of buying a Vicks Vaporub for kids above 3 months just before talking to the pharmacist. I thought it would be good to have one at home, just in case Caden needs it. I figured I would pay up after getting what I needed at the Pharmacy. But there I was in the carpark, too stunned to move. I walked out without paying, OH MY GOSH!! How could I have done such a thing?

I am sorry Caden, I was an unintentional thief today!

Then the doctor called back to say that it was okay to give Betadine. Haiyahhhhhhh!!!! What a day!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Claudia,

Are you familiar with Minyak Tawon?
It is a Chinese liquid medicine, and it can heal any scratches or cuts. Moreover, it is safe for infant.

It has a little bit unpleasant smell, but it will dry Caden's cut more quickly than Betadine. I think you can find it in some stores in S'pore. Here's the picture:http://www.veryasia.com/mingoscaptaw.html

It is up to you whether you want to try it or not. I normally use it whenever I have cuts in my hands or knees.

thanks-

Cute anonymous

Claudia Iliadi said...

hehe...very familiar with Minyak Tawon (I am from Indonesian myself) but I was afraid it would sting when I put it on an open wound. My mom had suggested me but since I never tried it myself, I did not dare to put it on Caden.

Thanks for the info, will keep it in mind for the next time. This time, the wound had healed. Thanks God!