.
Faith will make you able to please the LORD each day
Hope will help your heart to know that GOD will make a way
Love will be the greatest gift, for love will see you through
In everything you do, I will always pray these gifts for you
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, October 12, 2007

eye check up result...


We just received the result for Caden's eye check up that was done on the Sept 29th 2007. I never thought to have Caden's eyes checked up as early as one year old, but since it was complimentary, why not???
.
Then to my surprise, Caden has astigmatism and plus (+) 2.00 for both eyes. Almost freaked out because I know that plus (or what sometimes people called long-sightedness) only occur (usually) in older people, like in grandmas --both of Caden's grandmas have it.
.
But, the optometrist said, it's normal for children at Caden's age to have that as his eyes are still developing. Eventually, as he gets older, they would decreased and he would get the 2020 vision that he supposed to. Well, unless, he then developed short-sightedness as what Paul and I have.
.
Although both of us have short-sightedness [mine is minus (-) 9.00 and 2.00 astigmatism for both eyes, while Paul is minus (-) 1.50 and 2.00 astigmatism for both eyes], I do really hope he would have a perfect eyes for the rest of his life. haha....maybe I am dreaming....but I would try to postponed it as long as possible, I couldn't bear looking at Caden wearing glasses at very young age.
.
Right now, I don't let Caden watch TV too much. In fact, he never watch any TV program or DVD's until he reached 1 year old and that too, I limit only not more than half an hour/day. I think in total, so far, Caden only watch about 2 hours for his entire life.
.
Not sure if this will work - that he would not wearing any glasses at all. Well, to be honest, I couldn't let him not to watch TV for the rest of his life, soon he would see his friends watching their favorite cartoon characters and favorite TV programs, playing computer, video games, etc and he would demanded those stuffs, too. But I am certain that this will at least postponed it, hopefully until he is 10 years old! *finger crossed*

No comments: