.
Faith will make you able to please the LORD each day
Hope will help your heart to know that GOD will make a way
Love will be the greatest gift, for love will see you through
In everything you do, I will always pray these gifts for you
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, October 26, 2007

@ Julia Gabriel School


At last I decided to try out Julia Gabriel School. Oma has been telling me to put Caden into their system since the first time I was planning to put Caden in a class. But I decided not to because they have 1.5 hours session/class and minimum 3 times a week. Caden was just about 6 months old and sleeps every 2 hours. hm...I don't think he can concentrate that long without wanting to be breastfeed and sleep.
.
He is almost 13 months old now. I think he is ready for a more challenging and longer class structure.
.
Being a very active boy, I sometimes wonder if (in the future) he could sit down nice and quiet and listen to his teacher teaching. I know it's still long way to go, but I cannot stop wondering.
.
To my surprise, today, at the Julia Gabriel School, he sat down nice and quiet when it's come to the story telling time. It wasn't short, I must say, but he could sit down until towards the end.
.
I was glad... ^_^
.
I believe it was also because teacher Winnie was telling the story with a various tones and props that makes Caden able to concentrate and always guessing what will come next!
.
The downsides of the class are:
  • The mothers who are taking the class are mostly VERY unfriendly. Unlike mothers at The Little Gym class who are mostly very friendly, here, only about 1 or 2 are quite friendly. But I will always keep in mind that, this is about Caden, not about me!!!
  • They don't allow make-ups, unless you have an MC (Medical Certificate). I almost never go to the doctor if Caden only had a flu cos' I don't believe in medicine for such illness.

Btw, they changed their policy recently, that you can take a minimum of 2 times a week class for English class. Which is good for us, since we still have The Little Gym class until the end of the term.

So now, Caden is taking The Little Gym class every Mondays and Julia Gabriel every Wednesdays and Fridays. *busy busy busy....* ^()^

PS: the napkin (or bib) around his neck is to contain his saliva. It was soaked wet when we got home!

No comments: