.
Faith will make you able to please the LORD each day
Hope will help your heart to know that GOD will make a way
Love will be the greatest gift, for love will see you through
In everything you do, I will always pray these gifts for you
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

terrible seven???


Today is the 4th day of Caden's Terrible Seven (he is 7 months old)! Hehe…not really the kind that you find in two years old toddler but similar….I hope! *finger crossed* ^_^

These past few days, meal times have been very difficult for all of us. Caden doesn’t seem to have an appetite. He would just lock his lips or snatch the spoon (which makes the food land on his face, hands, body and his booster chair) or worse, pushing the spoon away which makes the food fly all over the place. Furthermore, he will add his wailing (wanting to be carried – away from his booster seat) and screaming (although still far from a toddler’s scream that I heard in a mall before -- please...not my Caden please!!!). I know that Caden is not like some babies who loves and looking forward to his meal times, but those meal times never get this challenging and demanding.

It’s difficult for me to see him like that – as if he screams for me to get him out of that misery. On one hand I wanted to say, “It’s okay suster, let him go” but on the other hand, I know that he needs the vitamins from the food to help him grow to be a strong and healthy kid. *sigh*

If those meal times get very bad (like at dinner in this past 3 days), I usually told suster to stop and wait for half an hour or so. In the mean time, I carried him out from his booster (usually he would smile right away) and gave him a bath or rather a play-time with water. Caden loves water, he loves to splash the water and started to try to make bubbles using his mouth (his swim lessons teach him that but he is still too young to do it himself, so usually I will make bubble using my mouth while him watching me doing it).

Those bath times give Caden a little bit of relief and relaxation before he got back to his booster seat and try another shot of his dinner time. I tried everything. I gave him his favorite cereals where he was suppose to eat his porridge, give him fruits where he is suppose to eat his cereals! Haiyah…and everything doesn't seem to work well.

Suster said she saw Caden’s gum looks a bit white on his left bottom and thought that his tooth is coming out soon! I just hope that that’s true and hope that that's the reason for him being difficult at meal times. If so, "please come out soon, tooth!!! so that Caden would be back to “normal” in no time!" *finger crossed*

PS: Surprisingly, Caden seems to sleep better and longer! Nap time which was usually lasts about an hour, could stretch up to 3 hours straight (wake up one or two times just to breastfeed and go right back to sleep).

No comments: