.
Faith will make you able to please the LORD each day
Hope will help your heart to know that GOD will make a way
Love will be the greatest gift, for love will see you through
In everything you do, I will always pray these gifts for you
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 4, 2008

The longest cry ever...


Caden cried for more than one hour this evening. I was at ballet (yes…I am starting to do ballet again after 5 years of absence).

I knew that he was crying so loud looking for me before the class start as I always checked on him a lot of times to make sure that everything is alright. But I didn’t know it was going to last that long.

He became even MORE attached to me this past 2 weeks. It get worst toward evenings. Now, even when he is playing with daddy, he will look for me every 5 minutes or so, just to make sure that I am nearby and within his reach.

I knew something was not right after I saw 3 miss-calls from home and an SMS from the nanny after my class telling me to go home if possible. I called home right away and turned out Caden only stopped crying a while ago and went to sleep in 15 minutes (usually it takes at least 1 hour and can up to 2 hours sometimes) as he was so exhausted.

I felt guilty but thought that I still have to leave him once in a while. Caden has to know that mommy would not be with him every second of the way. Soon he will have to be in a drop off school and he won’t survive if I don’t let go off him a little.

I NEVER lied to him or sneak out from him if I need to go somewhere. I always tell him the truth and promise him a lot of times that mommy will be back very soon.

I believe that I am doing the right thing by leaving him at home for twice a week and promise him to put him to sleep for the rest of the week.

I arrived at home at 8.30pm. Took a shower and sneaked into his room. Wake him up a little, and told him that mommy is back. When I saw him a little awake, I asked him why was the crying all for? And he answered sleepily, “looking mommy…looking mommy…”

I told him that I did what I had promised, to go home soon. And he kept quiet and went back to sleep. I could still hear his shrugged from the past crying. His crying must be so bad that I can still hear him shrugging after about 2 hours since it ended.

Poor baby… I will have to think a better way of securing his mind that mommy will never leave him, and will always be at home very soon. *think think think!*

No comments: