.
Faith will make you able to please the LORD each day
Hope will help your heart to know that GOD will make a way
Love will be the greatest gift, for love will see you through
In everything you do, I will always pray these gifts for you
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

New York - Day 1 - Super Jet Lag

We arrived in Glen Cove Mansion at 1.30pm. The taxi journey from the airport to the hotel was bad! It had no AC and very dirty – I am not sure why the hotel recommended me this taxi company. Because it was no AC, the windows were all opened (although in the end I requested only one was opened). Caden seemed confused and scared especially with the loud noise from the moving wind. He held me all the time and occasionally wailing as he is in super tired condition.

It took us 45 minutes to the hotel. Bathed Caden and put him to sleep. He was so tired that he cried all the time. I tried to do it as fast as I could so that he could go to sleep sooner.

I rocked him to sleep in a sling and then I took a deep breath, congratulated myself that I have survived the most difficult part of the journey, remind myself to be patient and take one day at a time!

Paul came into the room (thanks God!). I told him to wait in the room and look after Caden while I took a bath.

Caden slept from around 2 pm to 9pm. He had his breakfast at 9.30pm. Sleep again at 11pm and woke up at 1.30am. Had lunch at 2am. We played in the room for some time and when I see that he is bored, I brought him outside -- walked around the hotel and to the hotel lobby. Back at the room at 4am, then sleep again until 7.30am. Of course followed by dinner at 8am. He definately in Singapore time zonee!!! ^_^

My throat seems to hurt even more! I hope I won’t fall sick and hope Caden won’t catch it, too!

No comments: