.
Faith will make you able to please the LORD each day
Hope will help your heart to know that GOD will make a way
Love will be the greatest gift, for love will see you through
In everything you do, I will always pray these gifts for you
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 19, 2007

sunday school


Today Caden went to Sunday School at Orchard Road Presbyterian Church (Indonesian Congregation) for the first time. I thought bringing him early to a Sunday School would be good – I would want Caden not to grumble and complain about having to attend church in the future and I believe it has to start from young.

I believe the most important thing would be the fact that I have to make church a priority over everything else. I have to encourage Caden to make church his first place of socialization as well as a place for education and spiritual growth.

"Train a child in the way he should go,
and when he is old he will not turn from it."
Proverbs 22:6

Often people put school activities and family time ahead of attending church regularly. And that give a wrong signal to a child. If parents teach him that it is okay to miss church for whatever you would rather be involved in, they will continue this habit as they get older.

By insisting on regular church attendance, I hope I will be showing him how important that priority will be for the rest of his lives. This is actually how I was taught by my parents, and now that I am older, I still cannot get away from it. I have seen how important church fellowship has been to my existence as believers of God and I want Caden to learn the same thing, too.

No comments: