.
Faith will make you able to please the LORD each day
Hope will help your heart to know that GOD will make a way
Love will be the greatest gift, for love will see you through
In everything you do, I will always pray these gifts for you
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 5, 2007

words

Caden is playing with his walker, saying 'a-bu-a' and smiling to the camera at the same time.


As early as 4 to 5 months, a baby would begin to use his tongue, lips, palate and any emerging teeth to make sounds (ooh’s and ahh’s in the first month or two, and babbling shortly thereafter). But since Caden’s teeth only emerged at almost 9 months, he was rather slow (I say) in making any sounds. Well, just like an old man with few teeth left, he would not be able to talk or rather, we would not be able to catch what he is trying to say compared to someone who has more or complete set of teeth.

Teeth are great for chewing, but we also need them to talk. Different teeth work with our tongue and lips to help us form sounds.

[If you love to sing "la la la la la," you can thank those teeth every time you sing a song. Pay attention to what happens to your teeth and tongue every time you make the "l" sound.]

Now, Caden only able to say ‘a-bu-a’, ‘eehh’, and ‘sesh’ (as if you are trying to tell people to keep quiet – you know, with your index finger in front of your mouth) sounds.

He is also able to communicate with others. Such as when we talk to him, he often replies with an ‘eehh’ and when I responded to him (sometimes with another ‘eehh’), he would replied with another ‘eehh’ or ‘a-bu’ or a scream. ^_^ *very cute*

As much as I want him to be able to say ma-ma or da-da, I think I would have to wait until he develops more teeth and curiosity in experimenting his voice using his tongue, teeth, palate, and vocal chords to make all sorts of funny noises.

Sometimes I couldn’t resist replying Caden in baby talk. But I know, if I want to encourage him to speak the right way, I should start speaking to him and replying to his babbling with full words or sentences.

PS: As for screaming, he had mastered it a long time ago and I think he loves it because now, he screams more often and it gets louder and louder every time.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I think in this photo, he looks exactly like you! ^-~

Claudia Iliadi said...

really?? yey...at last someone said that caden look like me!! ok so I need to post this photo everywhere thenn!!! hehehe...

Leonny @ Our Everyday Things said...

Wah .. agree! Compare it with your expression at the photo below (perfect weather post, top right pic). Mirip! :)

Claudia Iliadi said...

wah wah...Caden is indeed my son, AT LASTT!!! (once I thought he was COMPLETELY Paul's son!)...

haha...